Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Stila Aqua Glow Perfecting Primer


As mentioned in a previous post, I recently picked up the Stila Perfecting Primer on a binge trip to my local Ulta and have been trying it out. I got asked for more information on how it performs, so here it is!




The facts:
Price: $28 USD (at Ulta)
Amount: 0.67 ounces
"Format": Stick - can apply directly to face or to fingers and then to face
First ingredient: Water (total ingredient list at bottom of this post)

My skin:
Face tends to be dry.
Cheeks are prone to redness.
Tone is uneven.
Pores, pores, pores!

How I use the primer:
Apply directly to face after moisturizer has set in, drawing 2 lines on my cheeks, one line down the bridge of my nose, one line across my forehead and one above and below my lips. Blend using clean fingers.

My experience/thoughts:
This primer is fantastic! It goes on cool and light, with no silicone or greasy feeling. It's not heavy at all, and absorbs nicely into the skin. I have found that my foundation (CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous or Makeup Forever Mat Velvet +) sits beautifully after applying this primer. I have found that my skin looks more even, my blush lasts longer, and I am seeing more foundation on my makeup remover cloth at the end of the day than I was before this primer. (Note: I did not change my foundation routine at all, other than adding this primer.) I have also noticed that my skin is smoother in general, even when completely naked.

Compared to other primers:
My most-used primer previously was Too Faced's Primed and Poreless Pure, which is an effective primer, but is very heavy with a silicone feeling. I always felt like it was a blanket on my skin, and since I'm prone to redness, it felt a little suffocating. Stila's Aqua Glow Perfecting Primer sits SO light on my skin and feels GOOD going on, especially in these warm summer months and/or after a hot shower!

In terms of value, Too Faced's primer is $30 USD for 1.0 ounce and Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer is $36 USD for 1.0 ounce, making Stila's Aqua Glow Perfecting Primer more expensive per ounce than some other popular options. However, due to the different packaging I imagine the Stila primer lasts longer in the end due to less waste - no issues squeezing out too much product.

I hope this product remains in the permanent line because I love it. I've already recommended it to several ladies, including my mother in law! If you're in the market for a new primer and you have concerns like mine, check this one out. It's fantastic.

XOXO,
Kelly


All Ingredients (via Ulta.com)
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Phytantriol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Boron Nitride, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Hexylene Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocophery Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camelia Oleifera leaf Extract, Montmorillonite, Illite, Kaolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!