Sunday, December 7, 2014

Special Announcement!

Hi everyone. I'm back!

And I have a special personal announcement and update on the direction of this blog.

We're expecting a baby boy!

Baby boy is due in April 2015 and we're thrilled. It's our first baby, so of course we have no idea what we're doing, but 2015 is sure to be an exciting ride!

Now let's talk about this blog...

Is this becoming a "mommy blog"?
No. I may be alone here, but I'm not a big fan of social media-izing motherhood. Everyone has different perspectives and opinions on parenthood. New moms, including myself, get so much anxiety and conflicting information about how to best raise a child. At the end of the day, you have to make the choices that are best for you, so that's what I will be doing. No judgmental posts here, and certainly no "mother of the year" posts. There are plenty of those out there already!

Will you talk about motherhood and your baby at all?
Yes, of course! The extent of what is shared isn't yet determined completely, but I will certainly share things. Posts will likely be more about myself and my own interests, but baby will make appearances.

What's changing in terms of content?
I will be trying to lose baby weight, etc. and getting my family off to a super healthy start, so expect more recipes and food posts. I am currently researching programs to participate in (Weight Watchers, for example) after baby is here, so I will likely post a bit about that. I will also be posting about exercise and fitness. You can expect product reviews, as usual. And most of all, you can expect personal posts about experiences, funny anecdotes, things I am learning, etc. I just want this to be a conversation, and a way to share my experiences with friends.

What about beauty reviews? This was a beauty blog.
Yes, those will be back, although they'll likely be targeted at current situations. For instance, I was told to find a good serum for my skin this winter due to dry, cold air and pregnancy hormones, and I have found one I really like! I plan to post on my face maintenance routine, things like that. I have some friends who are pregnant right now, and we like to share information about what works for various little problems that arise. Believe me, there are SO many things no one tells you when trying to encourage you to join their "breeders" club!

Will you actually post more often?
Ha, yeah, I hope to. Blogging is not my job, nor do I want it to be. I have a professional career that allows me to travel and continue to be inspired every day by the brilliance of my colleagues. I blog because I like the creative outlet, I like to share things, I like writing, and I love photography. I'm not the best at any of that - I just enjoy it. However, this blog will never be my lifesource. It's just something I do for fun. But, yes, I do hope to update a bit more often and share more. Feel free to comment and join in the conversations!

So, that's it. Moving on to a new chapter in my life, and I hope you, readers, will come along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!